LexisNexis provides this Specification to promote alternative means of accessing LexisNexis Academic. LexisNexis grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download, copy, and use this Specification subject to the following terms:
- You may use the Specification to develop applications that access LexisNexis Academic via the API for use by you and third parties. You may not use the Specification for any other purpose.
- Access to LexisNexis Academic requires a separate subscription and is governed by the user's applicable LexisNexis Subscription Agreement. Use of the API does not amend or supplement any such Subscription Agreement. You may only use this Specification and the API to facilitate legitimate use of LexisNexis Academic. Without limitation, you acknowledge that LexisNexis prohibits the use of scripts and other automated means of conducting multiple searches on LexisNexis Academic, and you understand that use of this Specification and the API in that manner will result in termination of this license and may also result in suspension or termination of access to LexisNexis Academic.
- LexisNexis may choose to provide support to you in connection with your use of this Specification, however LexisNexis is not obligated to provide support.
- LexisNexis reserves the right to change or discontinue the API and this Specification at any time without advance notice. Please refer to this web site regularly for information about updates to the Specification.
- LexisNexis provides this Specification and access to LexisNexis Academic through the API on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind, and disclaims all express and implied warranties.
- LexisNexis provides this Specification and access to the API without additional charge. Accordingly, you agree that LexisNexis will have no liability arising from or based on the use of or inability to use this Specification or the API, including without limitation consequential, incidental, or other indirect damages.
- LexisNexis retains ownership of and all intellectual property rights in the Specification and the API.
- These Terms state the complete agreement between you and LexisNexis concerning this Specification and your use of the API.
It is the policy of LexisNexis to improve its products and services as new technology and content become available. LexisNexis therefore reserves the right to change these specifications without prior notice.