The URLs that you build with the tools on this site access your LexisNexis Academic subscription. They can use the same authentication methods as your subscription, and are subject to the same restrictions.
- Access to LexisNexis Academic is restricted to Authorized Users as defined in your Subscriber Agreement.
- Most subscribing institutions have IP-based access on campus, meaning that on-campus users can use your URLs without any special effort.
- If your institution provides off-campus access to LexisNexis Academic through a proxy server, please consult your network administrator or online resources librarian for directions on modifying the URLs to work with your proxy server. LexisNexis does not have access to information about your proxy server and cannot help you with these modifications.
- If your institution uses LexisNexis Remote Patron Authentication there is unfortunately no way to adapt this for your URLs other than the approach described in the next bullet point.
- A relatively simply way to cope with authentication issues is simply to have users open LexisNexis Academic according to the normal login and authentication procedures for your institution. Leave LexisNexis Academic open in a separate browser window, and this active session will provide authentication for the URLs built on this site.